Monday, February 25, 2008

7 Deadly Sins - Pride



I created a series on flickr dedicated to the 7 deadly sins! This picture indicates vanity!

Vanity or Pride is the excessive belief in one's own abilities or attractiveness to others. In many religions vanity is considered a form of self-idolatry, in which one rejects God for the sake of one's own image, and thereby becomes divorced from the graces of God. The stories of Lucifer and Narcissus, and others, attend to a pernicious aspect of vanity.

Philosophically-speaking, vanity may refer to a broader sense of egoism and pride.

In early Christian teachings vanity is considered an example of pride, one of the seven deadly sins.

I thought this was the best way to model vanity! A mirror shot of me pampering myself! I am happy with the way this came out. I used the Dynamic-HDR tool! I think it really brought out the colors in this shot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment